Saturday, September 4, 2010

Busy Week, Quiet House

Beau(left), Sadie(back) and Sonny(right) on Beau's last day here.  
The week started out as usual with me, Tim, 3 busy girls and 3 wild and crazy dogs.  Right now I am sitting in total silence.  The girls have gone to the beach with my parents, Beau went to his forever home (YAY!) and Tim, Sonny and Sadie are taking a nap.  I don't handle quiet, calm houses well for very long.  I need a few days of it just to get our life organized since I let it slide when things get crazy.  And it's been crazy this week.  Monday, Sadie went to the vet school for her check up. Wednesday, I got the girls off to their grandparents and drove Beau to Danville, VA to his forever home.  Thursday, I dropped Sadie off at the vet school for her tests and worked all day.  Friday, I worked then picked up Sadie and dealt with her "stress diarrhea" all night.  She is better now and has managed to keep in 3 small meals of chicken and rice.  She looks like she just escaped from a concentration camp!  (Her new haircut from all the testing doesn't help.) She is so skinny it's almost painful to look at her ribs sticking out.  It seems like whenever we get her stomach straightened out, she has another stressor (spay, go to the vet, tests, etc.) that sets her off again.  We are back on straight chicken, rice and yogurt.  I got a different dog food that is also chicken and rice and not much else.  I think I will probably just try adding some people food for awhile, like boiled hamburger,  canned pumpkin and eggs. I will get her straight on the chicken and rice then add one more food to make sure she handles that well before I add another.   I would love to see her tummy be "happy" for several weeks and maybe even keep her on people food until after her surgery.  Then  we can try dog food again.
Speaking of her surgery....I need to get busy raising money for it.  We managed to raise all the money for her tests so I know we can raise the money for her surgery.  Who wouldn't give just a little for a dog who had her back broken and was shot with buckshot?  ( I am a little more comfortable that I won't have a front row seat in hell.  I CANNOT believe someone could do that to a dog.)  Any fundraising ideas are welcome.  I have several people who are helping which is just wonderful!  The support we have is amazing and I know we couldn't take care of Sadie like this without everyone's help.  Her birthday (that we gave her) is coming up September 29.  I wish I could come up with some type of fun fundraiser for that.  I'll have to think on it :)

Off to do laundry and clean toilets.  This "Mom job" is so glamorous!

1 comment:

  1. I usually say that when I have spit-up on my shirt. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete